Friday, October 31, 2008

SOUTH PACIFIC!!!

This one is for you shakenmama :)

So last night Stacy and I went to see the Broadway revival of South Pacific. All we can say is, WOW. It was ridiculously good. The staging was amazing, the acting and singing was fabulous....the whole damn thing was just outstanding. So shakenmama, get your nauseated rear on a plane and come to New York and take in a show. Because it is worth 12 hours total on a plane, I promise you :)

Other little tidbits about the show...our seats, courtesy of Uncle Austin, were (not surprisingly) the best in the house....row H center. We had such a great view, but we were far enough back that we didn't get spit on :) And when we struck up a conversation with the guy sitting next to us at intermission we discovered that he is an old Yale friend of my uncle's. He hasn't seen him in about 30 years, but what are the chances of that?!?!

In other news, we went to the expo yesterday to pick up our numbers and Stacy and I performed our traveling show of hilarity as usual. We made friends with some very cool New Yorkers who were starstruck to meet a cycling celebrity like Katheryn. We made a silly but heartfelt video in the powerbar "confessional booth" and later learned that the entire powerbar staff was watching us as we filmed it. Nice.

But I have saved the most exciting news for last. I almost do not want to even type it for fear that we will be jinxed, but it is so exciting that I have to tell you. Z has gone FOUR NIGHTS without peeing in his diaper. That's right people, four mornings in a row we have woken up dry. This is big, huh??????

Okay, T-minus 2 days to the marathon. Keep your fingers crossed. But frankly, after that show last night I could go home happy already!

2 comments:

Erica Kain said...

Bali HAI!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys that you got to see this show. AWESOME. Think Chebbles is ready to put on some make-up and join the cast?

And tell Z we are VERY impressed with the no-pee situation. We've got to tell Batman about this.

Sparklinglady said...

were you guys as corny as kansas in august?