Hi there!
So here we are, all settled in in New York City. Okay, actually we are in Brooklyn, but lets not sweat the details, okay? It is actually great here in Brooklyn. We are staying in a very cool (somewhat tired and a little dusty) brownstone in Bedford-Stuyvestant where we can run to a park and walk to the subway. The only downside......it is COLD here! Hello, what the heck happened to fall??? It actually snowed on us yesterday! But it is supposed to warm up this week so we aren't TOO worried.
In case you are wondering, my foot is feeling pretty good. I had to completely re-pack my suitcase on Monday night when I realized that I couldn't wear clogs without pain and the only shoes I could wear were these crazy brown and green striped dansko lace ups. So out went all the aqua sweaters and in went green and brown ones. Ridiculous, I tell you. But the foot thanks me for it, so it was worth it. I ran six miles yesterday with Stacy and Katheryn and it didn't really bother it. Very much :)
Yesterday was our big sightseeing day...Stacy has never been to NYC so we had a lot to do! We went to the Met and did a greatest hits tour, then to lunch on Madison Avenue. Then on to Rockefeller Center, Fifth Avenue and Times Sqeare. By then we were freezing and exhausted so we headed home. By way of the brand spanking new Trader Joes in Brooklyn. We all know how I feel about TJ's, so it was a nice diversion.
By the time we got home all of our feet were ridiculously tired, so we decided to skip today's sightseeing in favor of a little rest and relaxation. But first, a trip to the expo to pick up our numbers and goodie bags.
More later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Brooklyn Trader Joe's? DID THEY HAVE MOLE?
Just kidding. Glad your foot is cooperating. So excited for you guys!!!
Post a Comment